Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

New advitar, old symbol...


















Well as you can see I got a new advitar!!! I made it myself, it's the black triangle badge that was used in the holocaust to identify lesbians and other "anti-social" People. I use this symbol because I'm bisexual but I go more towards the "6" on the kinsey scale (I'm between the four and the five) and I also don't really want to use the two overlapping triangles some bisexuals use (for more info on bi pride symbols click here). The reason is that the black and pink triangles were actually used during the holocaust and the two overlapping triangles were not. And the triangle in the photo is a pendent that I made myself (see above, first picture). I have also used the double moon symbol in my jewelery making (see above, second picture). Another reason I like the double moon symbol is that I think it's a lot cooler then the over lapping triangles. I have also made a ring that has the black triangle but I don't have a picture of it at the moment, I'll post it as soon as I do have a picture of it though! The reason I make jewelry to express my bisexuality is that I'm not really "out" and when I did come out to my Mom she wasn't that accepting and said that it would pass. It's not going to "pass". My Mom is a good Mom, don't get me wrong. I'm very lucky in that she would never disown me of kick me out of the house (I'm 16). I'm also not very out at school. One of my friends knows (she's also bi) and my jewelry teacher knows. My case manigar also knows and she has been very open-minded about it. So I am lucker then some LGBT teens are. Anyways, that's it for now! I'll try and post more tommorow!

~ LadySydney4

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the triangle symbol was used in the Holocaust like that! You always hear about Jews being forced to wear the star of David, but I guess that everyone the nazis hated had to wear a symbol, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Rules for comments: Be friendly. No name calling of any kind. Don't start or continue fights. Anti-feminist rhetoric can and will get you ban! No Homophobia, Lesbophobia, Biphobia, or Transphobia. That will also get you ban. Also, no excessive "text talk" please, this is so that everyone can read all of the comments. Thank you!